Monday, 10/1/18 through Friday, 10/5/18
Welcome to Week 7! Your only assignment this week is to study for and complete the Midterm Exam for this course.
Complete the Midterm Exam on Carmen. The exam is available starting at 6:00 A.M. on Wednesday, 10/3, and closing at 11:59 PM on Friday, 10/5. Once you begin the exam, you’ll only have 90 minutes to complete it.
– Review quizzes 1, 2, and 3, and make sure you understand any questions you answered incorrectly.
– Review the key concepts introduced in lectures and in the assigned reading. The weekly study guides for this course include a reading guide for the OpenIntro Statistics reading, to help you focus your attention on the core concepts.
– Recommended exercises from the textbook are suggested in each week’s study guide, and the answers to those exercises can be found in the back of the book. Working through those exercises and checking your answers can be a good way to make sure you understand important concepts.
– Make note of any important formulas used in textbook exercises, lectures, etc.
– The hypothesis testing approach is something we emphasize strongly in the course. Review what we've covered about this approach so far, and make sure you understand both the calculation steps to do a hypothesis test, and how we make inferences based on the results of the test. Be sure you understand how to use the normal probability table, how to work with z-scores, how to interpret p-values, and what critical values are.